HOW TO BECOME A POSTAL HARRIER
HOW DO I JOIN POSTAL HARRIERS?
So you've read the website and you want to be part of this amazing club. Well you will be very welcome. Annual membership is £30 and includes a free club vest to wear when you compete in races. You will also qualify for a £2 discount from many of the races you enter and a range of discounts from England Athletics.
Come and join us at our Weds night training sessions and we'll convince you that you're making a great decision.
So how do I join?
1. Complete the form below and submit.
2. Pay your £30 membership fee to our account (York Postal Harriers, sort code 56-00-70, account number 38512955). We don't have an option to pay through this website so please use your online banking facility if possible. Our preference is to avoid taking cash but if this is your only option please let us know.
3. Once you've paid, our membership secretary will register you with England Athletics (EA). You will then receive an EA number that you will need to obtain the £2 discount when entering races.
The Small Print regarding your membership and information.
When you become a member of or renew your membership with York Postal Harriers you will automatically be registered as a member of England Athletics. We will provide England Athletics with your personal data which they will use to enable access to an online portal for you (called myAthletics). England Athletics will contact you to invite you to sign into and update your MyAthletics portal (which, amongst other things, allows you to set and amend your privacysettings). If you have any questions about the continuing privacy of your personal data when it isshared with England Athletics, please contact email@example.com.
York Postal Harriers Privacy Statement
York Postal Harriers (YPH) is an unincorporated entity, run according to the club constitution dated January 2019 (being the most recent AGM). YPH is the data controller under data protection legislation.
What data we will collect
In becoming a member of YPH, YPH will collect certain information about you which will include your name, date of birth, gender, email address, address, telephone number, and details of any coaching licenses you may hold (Athletics Data).
Why we will collect it
We will collect and process your Athletics Data for the purposes of registering you as a member of YPH and administering your involvement with the club. We will process it on the basis of legitimate interests. The legitimate interests are the interests of registering you as a member and to administer the sport
We will only use your Athletics Data for the purposes of registering and administering your involvement in YPH.
How long we will keep it
We will retain your Athletics Data for such time as you are an athlete registered with us and will then delete your information four years after your membership with the club has elapsed.
You have the following rights under data protection legislation:
1. to access a copy of the information comprised in your personal data;
2. to object to processing of your personal data that is likely to cause or is causing damage or
3. to prevent processing for direct marketing;
4. to object to decisions being taken by automated means;
5. in certain circumstances, to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed;
6. to claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of data protection legislation.
Sharing your data
We may be required to share your Athletics Data with athletics partners such as UK Athletics, other Home Country Athletics Organisations, selected members of the National Council, Regional Councils, County Athletics Association and / or Area Athletics Association and third- party data managers that we appoint as data processors as part of administering your involvement in sport. We will not transfer your data to any other third parties without obtaining your consent and, where possible, will anonymise your data before sharing. We will also not share any other personal data you provide to us that is not Athletics Data.
If you have any concerns or complaints in relation to how YPH collects and/or processes your personal data, you should contact YPH’s data protection officer (Bill Shively) in the first instance. If you are dissatisfied with how your concern/complaint is dealt with by YPH, you have the right to report your concern/complaint to the Information Commissioners Office (www.ico.org.uk).